Businesses are mushrooming day and night, thanks to the internet. Since 1991 ecommerce is transforming and making an online purchase the best option. Ecommerce is not dreary or involve byzantine complexity; digital marketing practices steer it successfully.
Worldwide global B2C ecommerce sales are searing way past 1.92 trillion U.S dollar. That tells you marketplace like Amazon, eBay as well as web stores are teeming with serious business. Merchants have orders to take, customers to attend, various products or services to sell as well as excellent customer experience.
Why digital marketing relevant to ecommerce merchants
As a new merchant, you’ll need to market your ecommerce business and attract new customers to your new ecommerce stores. That is why digital marketing comes handy to salvage your store with actionable ecommerce marketing benefits.
- Communication. Digital marketing creates a favorable link path between your ecommerce business and your consumers. Therefore enables you to capture a trustworthy audience and own them.
- Brand awareness. Your focus is to hit and engage with the right target, which replicates better ROI (return on investment).
- Target consumer. Digital marketing enables your product to reach the target market segment. It will evaluate your decision; check out your competition, current customer base, demographics as well as psychographics. SEO (search engine optimization) allows customers to reach your business from myriads of the same stores online.
- Leverage on social media. The number of active Facebook users as of the third quarter of 2019 is 2.45 billion. That means most of your customers are online now. Digital marketing helps you reach them worldwide.
- Reach mobile users. We have more than 2 billion users who access the internet via Smartphone daily. Digital marketing enables your brand to reach them at the click of a button.
Digital marketing ecommerce strategies models
Ecommerce merchants use digital strategy to address the goal of a business to achieve its optimum. The best-known plans include; social media marketing, content marketing, search engine marketing as well as email marketing.
- Social media marketing
79% of US adult-use social media with an estimate of about 2.45 billion worldwide. You can engage your customers through Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. With such huge figures, one can easily penetrate and reach the target audience.
Creating a profile doesn’t cost any amount. The good news is that most ecommerce stores are visual, thus making it easy to show off your product. One can also create shoppable content, enabling customers to buy them right away.
- Content marketing
Content marketing is vital because it will revamp your website ranking in search engines. Updating your customers with new content will also answer similar questions about your industry.
Content marketing involves an array of activities such as;
- Guest post
- Optimizing product page with relevant keywords and pictures
- Blog post
- A FAQ with optimized keywords
- Search engine marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM) includes organic search SEO (search engine optimization) and paid search.
SEO is the position of your web page at the top of the search engine. The technique involves some knowledge of Google algorithms and takes time to materialize.
On the other hand, one can reach target customers through paid advertising, such as PPC (pay per click) campaigns, display campaigns, or Google shopping. In most cases, ecommerce use Google AdWord to promote their product.
- Email marking
It is one of the oldest methods but still plays a significant role in the contemporary ecommerce world. Email marketing converts visitors to a web page by successfully setting up campaigns.
If a visitor to your web and gives you an email, you can use it to send product news, launches, or podcast. You can customize it to suit your client’s needs and likes.