Well, eCommerce ERP integration has become a necessity today. It is simply because of the hassles or cost caused to having number of systems. The costs are worthy when we can witness the productivity levels in customer service and operations. Your eCommerce platform could be Magento or Shopify or even market places such as eBay, Amazon.com etc. Your ERP solution is a financial suite that needs to manage your business data and backoffice operations. Integrating these two will be a great relief for eCommerce Businesses. ERP Solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics GP, RMS etc.
Integrating your eCommerce portal with your ERP suite will allow you to manage:
- Tax ID and rates
- Shipping Methods
- Payment methods
- Attributes and attribute sets
- B2C customer and address
- Sales Orders with:
- item and quantity ordered;
- shipping and payment methods;
- calculated taxes; and
- shipping charges
It will also handle:
- Inventory Items
- Categories and sub categories
- Items assignment to categories
- Multi-tier price levels
- Product images
- SEO information
- Item quantities at assigned site
- B2B Customer Information
- Shipment information
Can you think about manually entering data from one system to another? That’s why solutions like x2x-eCommerce integrates between these two systems to eliminate manual interventions. A webstore can surely work without an ERP system. This could be possible for the first year, but how far would you go without handling the financial transactions?
It is a pain to update item information in your spreadsheets and updating it on your eCommerce platform. With the powerful integration systems in place, you can just upload the excel file directly to the system. Within few minutes, all your inventory is updated! All your new orders can be fulfilled regardless of the sale location. The price management of the inventory can be done easily so you can have your marketplace display the accurate pricing and product information.
It’s easy to make mistakes if the processes are not automated. Your shipping addresses could go wrong, inventory level mismatch, pricing issues will start occurring in the system. This will affect your customer experience, so why take a chance?
Having a successful eCommerce business with online demand is always a challenge. So, its recommended to integrate your ERP systems with your existing eCommerce platform for fruitful results.
So, what are the benefits of an eCommerce ERP integration suite? Let’s check it out:
- Ability to notify your customers when the orders are placed or shipped and tracking of the product delivery.
- Eliminating manual interventions to save time and increase accuracy when entering inventory, orders, customers, items and shipping information.
- Streamlining the inventory updates, showing the accurate inventory levels to the visitors without having extra resources to handle these jobs.
- Comply with tax requirements and automated tax compliance.
- Ability to manage product information and pricing to the items
- Flexibility to add several online and offline sales channels without compromising operational efforts.
- Handling increased demand for online orders without any extra resources.